There are always items that I am looking for. My hobby is collecting items related to Canadians who served in special units in World War II (WWII) and regarding military snipers (mainly WWII).
FAMILY RELATED ITEMS – Genealogy – I am especially looking for the following which were awarded to relatives of mine. I would like to purchase these if available or if they are not available, to at least know the location(s) of these items that are connected with relatives.
Rifle, Lee-Enfield No. 4 MK.I* serial number 28L0844 as it was connected with a family member.
WWI medals, Death Penny, Memorial Cross etc. of Lieut. Earle Walter HUME, 27 Bn. CEF, Died of Wounds 28 April 1918.
WWI medals, Memorial Cross etc. of 211141 Pte. Charles Gordon MCKAY, CAMC (Canadian Army Medical Corps) died May 1918.
1885 medal (North West Rebellion) and any other medals of Major (ACTING-PAYMASTER) James Robert HEAKES, QOR
OTHER MILITARY ITEMS
WANTED – R.E.L. made No. 67 MK. I (aka C No. 32 MK. 4) bracket and carrying case. I have the correct rifle and C No. 67 MK. I scope, though I could always use more 🙂
Mount for C No. 67 Mk. I – Canadian version of Griffin & Howe type scope bracket, the bottom part that is permanently attached to the rifle. Both long and short versions are wanted.
- Windmill sight and furniture (wood) for ASC Experimental Sniper Rifle
Canadian military Long Branch Monte Carlo style butts (two). Cheek rest is built into the butt, pistol grip is very pronounced and has a black plastic round bottom cap to extend the grip and there is a rubber recoil pad. There would be Canadian issue markings under the front of the butt grip. There will usually be numbers stamped into the top e.g. 23-C
- Original manual “ARMY TRAINING INSTRUCTION No. 9 THE ORGANIZATION, TRAINING, AND EMPLOYMENT OF SNIPERS 1944” (I have a reproduction of this)
- CASE, C. NO. 47 INST. STAND / C. MK. I CGB 4920 – Canvas bag for the folding tripod used with the Telescope, Observing, Sniper’s C MK.I. Would also be interested in spares of the Stand C No. 47 (tripod) and Carrying Case.
- Long Branch brackets for No. 32 scopes. I need two.
- Sniping related items for Canada and UK., especially CANADIAN scope brackets and scope cases. e.g. manuals, No. 15 rifle transit Chests, No. 8 scope cases, original scope brackets for the No. 4 rifle etc.
- Any Long Branch sniper rifles, parts, special accessories or R.E.L. rifle scopes.
- Long branch rifles or parts with serial numbers starting “ASE …” or “ASC…”
- REL 5X sniper scope
- REL Scopes cases
* REL scope case C No. 8 MK. I (steel)
* REL scope case C No. 18 MK. I (steel, for Lyman No. 32 T.P. Mk. I scope)
* REL scope case C No 8 MK. 2 (canvas)
- Winchester Model 94 PCMR C/|\ serial number 1317105
- C3 and/or C3A1 Canadian sniper rifles and scopes.
- Model of 1913 Warner & Swasey scope CANADIAN issue with Canadian leather carrying case. I have a Ross Mk. III modified for the scope, but the scope I have is a U.S. issue one.
- World War I SMLE with sniper scope (e.g. Periscope Prism Co. (P.P.Co.) Prefer complete rifle but will consider unattached Scopes (PPC, Aldis, Winchester A5) and brackets (mounts.)
- Patt’14 with sniper scope.
- Deactivated WELROD
OK, having listed my main wants, I will come clean and say that I cannot afford ALL of them at the same time! However, if you do not ask, you do not find! Occasionally a trade can be arranged.
Militaria – This may include uniforms, insignia, equipment, weapons (edged weapons, firearms (Restricted and Non-restricted) and deactivated firearms), photos etc. Of special interest are:
Uniforms, items, photos and documents of Canadians who served in/as:
Canadian Snipers (all periods)
First Special Service Force
1 Canadian Parachute Battalion.
Special Operations Executive (SOE including Force 136)
British Security Co-ordination (BSC)
CFPU Canadian Film and Photo Unit
1 Canadian Parachute Battalion uniforms, ideally with name of veteran so it can be researched.
Welrod (DEACTIVATED) [Canadian War Museum’s live specimen shown]
Johnson M1941 LMG DEACTIVATED